Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

You can't fool me!

This morning I had a telephone call from someone, booking me for a children's birthday party on Tuesday; in fact, the phone call woke me up.
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me – this idiom could have been penned especially for me, although I was fooled thrice with a birthday booking, not twice. But, it’s not going to happen again. Sometimes I think that people mistake me for some kind of idiot.
Although I agreed to do the ‘party’ for Jimmy Burlesbury’s special day and the caller, whoever it is (although I do know it’s a ‘she’), might think that I’ve taken the bait again, the joke’s backfired on her, because I realised that it’s April Fools Day. So I won’t be travelling to Atherstone, wasting petrol, like last time, thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment