Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Lemezmer's Got Talent!

Not many people are aware of this, but I had a short appearance on Britain's Got Talent in Birmingham (2010). Sadly, I was not selected to be televised - even on ITV2 - but I did last 103 seconds in front of the judges (from my actual entrance onto the stage to my exit - self timed), which I believe is an achievement. I realise that they are on a tight schedule, but if they gave me a little longer I might have had a chance to shine. Personally, I think the show is fixed. Simon Cowell can be quite brutal with his comments (I'm not really keen on him). 





Ironically, the act that stole my slot at the Rotary Club Variety Nights gig, One Man and His Dog, appeared on the same stage the day before. Apparently he lasted 5 minutes and 45 seconds - his entire act - and went on to be a semi-finalist of the series. He was televised both on prime-time ITV and ITV2 and even met Ant and Dec (which I didn't - actually, I didn't even get to meet Stephen Mulhern).

No comments:

Post a Comment